Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crock Pot debacle

Tonight, I am not going to talk about our dinner as much as I usually do, I have something special to share with you!

I made another easy dinner, this one is by the far the easiest I have done but also possibly the tastiest!
If you have not tried on of these Homestyle Bakes from Banquet, then you are doing yourself and your family a dis-service.  They are inexpensive, easy to make and VERY good.  This Creamy Chicken and Biscuits is my favorite, but I also like the Chicken and Potatoes!

Pour out the can, mix the biscuit package with water, spoon on top and place in the oven for half an hour, done and done!

Finished Meal


 Logan drank 2 cups of juice tonight, and a cup of kool-aid (watered down so it wasn't too sugary)


 He ate a rather large piece of watermelon and a couple fig newtons, making his appetite go down even more.  He had also eaten at daycare before I picked him up, so again I am not bothered by his not eating the dinner much, he is getting the nutrition that he needs and still managed to eat some of what I made.


 Robin and I the entire rest of this dish, she missed lunch today and I had an early and small lunch, we loved it!


Dad's Decision - 4
Reheated Rating - 4
Logan's Liking - 3
Prep Time and Clean-Up - 5 minutes prep, 30 minutes cooking and Super Easy Clean-Up


 Alright, I said I had something special to share with you and I do!  You may be wondering why there is a picture of a crock pot here, when I obviously didn't use it on the meal.

This is a crock pot without a lid and it was given to us by a friend who took pity on me.  I know, what the hell am I talking about, right?  You see when my wife and I got married, we registered for a crock pot and received three!

Our friends and family are all great and we had so many great things, but who needs three crock pots?  The wife returned one, and we discussed giving one to her mom.  A few months go by and we had an unused crock pot, I thought it was tucked away in our kitchen somewhere and I stumbled upon a new one still in the box sitting in our garage.

A friend of mine was having a drink with me when we noticed this and I gave it to him.  Remember I said I was drinking!  I had forgotten that we gave one to my mother in law, I honestly thought this was an extra one, and that I was being an awesome friend by giving him this appliance.

Skip ahead a few days and the wife asks about the crock pot.

"It's where ever you put it honey." I say, honestly thinking that I am helping, to which she replies
"No, it's not in the garage, did you move it?"
"Why would I do that, oh..."  Sweat starts to bead up on my forehead already.
"What?"  She asks, already having a good idea as to what happened.
"Honey, I am really sorry, but I gave away the one in the garage, I thought it was the extra one!"
"No, you dolt!  We gave it to my mom and that one was ours!"

Well, at this point I feel pretty dumb, and I am not about to ask for it back so we have no crock pot.  Another friend of ours gets wind of my monumental stupidity and brings to us the pot you see in the picture.

When she brought it, it did have a lid.  In another dazzling display of drunken acrobatics, I dropped it shattering the lid into more pieces than Lindsay Lohan's career.

So thanks to me and my dumbness (possibly the rum) we have a crock pot with no lid, after getting rid of three brand new other pots. I learned my lesson though, I don't give anything away without first getting a signed, notarized and mailed confirmation from my wife that it is, in fact, okay to do so.






One more thing, the picture below is of my dad.  If there is anything good in me and the way I try to raise my boy, it is because of him and all the love and support he has always shown to me.  Today is his birthday and I want to make sure he knows that we all love him very much and wish we could visit him (he lives 11 hours away).  Logan says "Happy day day papaw!"  (His way of saying Happy Birthday)

My dad!


Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Luke, Just to let you know if you get another crock pot with a lid, They have crock pot bags that make cleaning up sooo much faster. I wish more men would be brave and step up and cook.. Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete