Monday, June 11, 2012

"Bratwurst and Sillyness" or "Cleanup, Clean up everybody, everywhere"

This week Robin's schedule has her getting off work at 4, an entire hour before me.  That means that dinner will once again fall to her (mostly).  That is not going to stop me from updating this blog though!  

If you have followed my past ramblings on previous blogs or social media (Google+) then you may have read a few of things that I will post in the coming days.  If you have, I'm sorry, but there will be new stuff as well.

Tonight, Robin made Bratwurst and Potatoes with peas and carrots.  One of my all time favorites.

She did something different this time too!  With the left over beer in the pan, she made gravy!  I can't make gravy to save my life and I never would have thought of using the beer.
It rocked, like SUPER rocked!
Logan ate about as much as he had been with me, don't know why he doesn't eat much at dinner, he eats it later in the evening though, just slowly.



 He prefers to be extra silly as you can see from the above and below pictures


I brought home a jar today, and we started putting our change in it.  We will get to Disney one day, and whatever is in this when we do, will be our blow-it-on-something-unneeded-for-the-whole-family-while-your-there fund.

She was SUPER proud of the gravy she made.  

 Prep - None (Robin made it)
Cleanup - A mess unlike the world has ever  known (See below story)
Dad's Decision - 4.5, Brats are one of my all time favorite meals
Robin's Rating - 4
Logan's Liking - 3 (Would have been more if he was Hungry)


I posted this ages ago on Google+.  You can tell that I spent more time caring that I was writing to entertain, rather than to inform, which is what I normally do on this blog (posting every day means I can't spend as much time on it as I prefer)

I am working on some new things, and in the meantime I can retell a few things I have told before., so with out further ado, the reason my clean up is so bad tonight -

STORY TIME!!!!



Doing the dishes. Now, in the normal course of things I do the dishes in our house.  The thing is, if you're a red blooded, single, American male, what you do when you get your own place is go to the nearest fast food establishment, buy a meal, feast on its greasy innards while slumped on the sofa in front of the TV.

Clean out the plastic carton it came in, then use this carton for all your subsequent meals until you get married. Honestly there's a beauty of economy to it. Therefore, when I cook a meal for the three of us, the aftermath left in the sink as I carry the gently steaming plates to the table is a single pan and, if I've pulled out the all stops to dazzle visiting royalty, maybe a spoon.

Robin cannot make cheese toast without using every single pan, wok, tureen and colander in the house. Post-Robin-meal, I walk into the kitchen to discover a sink teetering with utensils holding off gravity only by the sly use of a spatula.
“How the hell did you use all these to make that?”





No comments:

Post a Comment