Friday, June 8, 2012

No Good Deed...

Tonight I have no dinner to tell you about, the wife got home early, picked up the boy and is going to dinner with her family.  I declined the dinner invitation so that I could prepare for my monthly geek out night (a.k.a. gaming night with friends)

I do have a story to tell you though.  I stopped at Kroger's to pick up some sodas and chips for my gaming night. Upon leaving a rather odd looking guy stopped me and asked for money to feed himself and his wife.  I told him that I don't carry cash (which is not a lie at all) and he went on his way.  My "kill you with a look" stare may have had something to do with his leaving.

Skip ahead to when I was driving out of the parking lot and I see the same guy talking to a woman.  A woman who was obviously telling him no.  I noticed that he kept talking and the woman was nervously putting her groceries away.

I stopped the car, rolled down my window and said

"Hey, Aunt Donna!  Are you and Uncle Ted still coming to dinner tomorrow night?"

They both looked at me and the woman said, "Wouldn't miss it"

The man then turned and started walking away and the lady mouthed a thank you to me.  I don't think the guy would have done her any harm, but she was getting harassed and I hate to see that.  Also if my actualy Aunt Donna and Uncle Ted read this blog, you guys are hereby invited to dinner, any night any time.


One more quick story and then you can get to your own business.  A couple of weeks ago, I ordered 2 shirts from my favorite t-shirt site, Riptapparel.com.  Their claim to fame is that they offer 1 shirt a day, that's it, you get that 1 chance to buy the shirt.  No more, no less.  Most sizes are $10.

The package arrived and it had my name and address on the outside, but not my shirts (I ordered 1 for me and 1 for my wife).  The package had someone else's shirt and their and and address on the packing list.  The web site gave me a full refund on my shirts and shipping, but couldn't reprint the shirts, that's simply not what they do.  I emailed the guy whose shirt I got, and he was more than happy to swap because he had gotten mine!  A quick trip to the post office and bingo our shirts arrive another week later!

Thanks to that guy for being so nice and not keeping 2 shirts in place of his 1 (Ript also gave him a refund)
Hunger Games/Star Wars

We have had 1 entry in the "closing line" contest so far, submitted by a loved one (who doesn't need to win the contest to come over for dinner anytime {hint, hint})  You are all welcome to participate and you can enter as many times as you want!

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" - Virginia Woolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment