Thursday, June 7, 2012

A real DAD kinda day


I had a rough day at work today, so I wanted to do something fun tonight.  I chose to grill a few burgers for dinner while I watched Logan play on one of his many toys that exist in our back yard.

Just some pre-made patties, I added a little Tropical seasoning for a kick but otherwise let the burger speak for itself. 

Prep and Cleanup - 

No time and No dishes except a spatula and cups (thank you Lord for paper plates and plastic knives.)

Logan sweeping
 The first activity that Logan wanted to do was jump on his trampoline, normally his mom would get in with him and sweep up the tree leavings that fell in it overnight.  I am not comfortable in the trampoline since I am such a big guy, I don't want to break it, no worries though because my little man knew just what to do!

Sandbox
 It didn't take long for him to decide to switch up activities.  The trampoline and the sandbox are by far his favorite outside toys.  They replaced the slide and swing you see in the background of this picture.

Logan's Liking - 3


 Logan's burger was just that a hamburger, no cheese and only a light smathering of Mayo.  He has only had a burger once before (at TGI Friday's) which is very strange because they are by far my favorite food.  He ate a little bit of the burger, again, he eats right before I pick him up, so he is never very hungry when dinner times comes.

My wife made him a snack before she left this morning, and put it the fridge, they are his favorite, Spinach Nuggets!   They are healthy and he loves them so he had a few of those on his snack attack rather than fig newtons.

Robin's Rating - 4Dad's Liking - 4

Like I said, I had a rough day at work, and don't worry I only had one, and didn't let it affect my parenting or cooking (unlike the Crock Pot Debacle)

My Dog Captain
 Today was another fairly uneventful day, the dog joined us outside and we had a blast fetch the log with him (I was forced to play too).

I am working a few more stories to tell you and  I will begin posting them next week, I want to give myself a little time to prepare them properly.

A good buddy of mine offered to give me a recipe for use with my lid-less Crock Pot and my wife pointed out that one of our pan lids fits it good enough to use!


Last thing, I want to run a contest, the prize is nothing big.  I am looking for a clever closing line to my blog. I was thinking a play on words with something to do with cooking.  Anyone who comes up with one that I like, not only will I use it, but I will invite you and 2 of your friends to eat dinner with us (on me of course) and if your age appropriate we can have a drink as well!  (Hey, I'm fun to hang out with...No really...really...o.k. my wife and son are)

Good Luck, and Until Next Time!

2 comments:

  1. Said by Virginia Woolfe in A Room of One's Own...
    "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A way to a man's heart is through is stomach, That's why I cook I love myself so much!

    Though I like hers a lot!

    ReplyDelete